Homeless Prenatal Program (HPP) is proud to announce openings for Community Lab Tutors to work in the Community Technology Center (CTC), a fun and rewarding place to volunteer.
The Lab Tutors will provide enthusiastic assistance to our diverse clients on topics ranging from basic computer skills and resume and cover letter writing to Skype and other exciting digital media tools. Teaching classes on various computer skill-related topics are also available.
Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting clients and providing information and referrals as needed
- Assisting clients on the computers in English and/or Spanish
- Providing enthusiastic support and assistance on resumes and cover letters for clients looking for jobs
- Assisting clients with setting up email accounts and looking for housing
- Assisting and, with experience, teaching technology workshops for clients and staff
Available volunteer hours
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9am – 4pm
- Tuesdays: 1pm – 5pm
If you are interested in offering your computer instruction skills for our Community Technology Center, please fill out our volunteer form.